Tuesday, June 13, 2017

This blog is making me think about my life. People of our world take uttering sentences for granted.  I make noises, but I've never spoken a sentence in my life.  It is painful to not be making my thoughts known as they come to me.  I'm able to think like anyone else but I need someone to type with me.  It makes me so mad that pointing is the only way I'm able to communicate.

The world right now should really start listening to the bright young autistics who have managed to learn how to type their thoughts and opinions.  The world needs to understand that we are teachers.  Give what we say credence.  Being year after year treated like I wasn't understanding what was going on around me was horrible.  I can't stand the idea of other kids enduring that for the rest of their lives.  Your soul starts to break.  Don't having tantrums tell you something?  We are locked in bodies that betray us.  I'm the person who found a way out and my soul is healing.  Won't you back me up and get people to read my blog so they stop treating autistics the way they do?

Kaylie's 8th Grade Graduation

4 comments:

  1. Wow! That brought tears to my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kaylie, thank you for posting this amazing blog post, I wanna share something about my autism too.

    You might know the scene from the Little Mermaid where King Triton destroys all of Ariel's human things, recently I watched that in Mixed Chorus not too long ago, and I started to have a meltdown. The reason why is because I feel that scene more intense than everybody else, and how sad Ariel must have been when that happened. Unfortunately, no one in the school (except my friends Jacob and Claire) understood. I tried to tell them about how I feel by telling them about Brother and Sister and that I have them as friends, but they didn't understand and treated me with discipline. I have been having meltdowns even in middle school (I went to Mill, and that discipline there was really bad). When you come to South in the fall you should tell people about that so they can understand and be able to accept us. I also love Paulie, but the truth is, I've loved Brother and Sister longer. There are people who hate Brother and Sister, and it makes me cry when I think about that. Not only that, there are people who hate Paulie too, and that makes me cry as well. I don't understand how people can be so heartless to them, which makes me really sad, because it reminds me of when people treat me with discipline. I don't like that, and another thing is, meltdowns are just when I get too upset. I can't control how my body reacts, and even people yelling at me or you or any of my closest friends get me so overwhelmed that I just can't take it anymore. You are the right person to talk to about autism when I am upset, because you are autistic like I am and even though we might not be alike, I can still tell you about my feelings. Loud noises can bother me too, like yelling or the smoke alarm going off. Have you ever thought about writing down your feelings in a journal? If so, I think it's a great idea to do so, and then I will too. The more blog posts people read, the more they'll learn about autism. I want to continue telling you about my feelings even if we don't see each other for a while. You are great and thank you for making this blog. P.S. Today is Paulie's birthday!🎂

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm happy that Kaylie and Sophie will be together in school next year. Kaylie, you are very smart and insightful person. Keep blogging, I'm sure you have a lot to say!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep writing. I believe you will bring hope and understanding to many people. I would love to hear about your experience with ABA compared to RPM therapy.

    ReplyDelete