Sunday, August 28, 2016

I have a good friend who really should try RPM.  Years go more quickly the older you get.  He spends lots of his time meaning something different from what he says.  This must make him so frustrated.  I'm sorry lately for my friends like him who are so intelligent but make people think they are mentally disabled because they say things that don't make sense.  My dream is for kids like him to give RPM tomorrow some serious thought.  It's not only for my good friends who are non-verbal.  Many kids who can talk do great.  My friend Reagan is a great example.  She can say a lot but her inner voice shines through when she spells.  

More people really must give RPM a try.  Hearing it from me might not be enough. You might need the push my mom and her friends are going to present at their first informational meeting they are holding in October.  People can come hear more about RPM.  I might be presenting also.  Lots of people watching makes me nervous, but I am going to try and answer your questions about RPM.  Having people small makes me large.  Mad that some people doubt that I'm actually typing my own thoughts, but seeing is believing.  Meeting Soma and her son Tito will also help convince you.  He is amazing.

Pointing to communicate often is not perfect.  I'm only able to easily spell my thoughts with Mom.  Learning to be comfortable with more people is most important goal of mine right now.  I am pretty good with Dad, Emma, Miss Parcheta, and Mr. Barkley.  Learning to type with no one holding my keyboard also.  My mom learned about using dictation as practice.  Love doing it.  Makes me feel empowered.  Makes me excited for the future.  At last no one would doubt me.  Name mans greatest achievements...most were laughed at at first.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment